Last modification was made October 27, 2020.
Squishing Paint is committed to safeguarding your privacy. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or problems regarding the use of your personal data and we will gladly assist you.
Privacy information is controlled by Sara Dorey/Squishing Paint/Squishing Paint Blog.
Table of Contents
- Definitions used in this Policy
- Data protection principles we follow
- What rights do you have regarding your Personal Data
- What Personal Data we gather about you
- How we use your Personal Data
- Who else has access to your Personal Data
- How we secure your data
- Information about cookies
- Contact information
Personal Data – any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person
Processing – any operation or set of operations which is performed on personal data or on sets of personal data
Data Subject – a natural person whose personal data is being processed
Child – a natural person under 13 years of age.
We/us (either capitalized or not) – Squishing Paint, Squishing Paint Blog, Sara
Data Protection Principles
We promise to follow the following data protection principles:
- Processing is lawful, fair, and transparent. Our Processing activities have lawful grounds. We always consider your rights before processing personal data. We will provide you information regarding processing upon request
- Processing is limited to the purpose. Our processing activities fit the purpose for which personal data was gathered
- Processing is done with minimal data. We only gather and process the minimal amount of personal data required for any purpose
- We will do our best to ensure the accuracy of data
- We will do our best to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of data
Data Subject’s Rights
The Data Subject has the following rights:
- Right to information – meaning you have to right to know whether your personal data is being processed; what data is gathered, from where it is obtained and why and by whom it is processed
- Right to access – meaning you have the right to access the data collected from/about you. This includes your right to request and obtain a copy of your personal data gathered
- Right to rectification – meaning you have the right to request rectification or erasure of your personal data that is inaccurate or incomplete
- Right to erasure – meaning in certain circumstances you can request for your personal data to be erased from our records
- Right to restrict processing – meaning where certain conditions apply, you have the right to restrict the processing of your personal data
- Right to object to processing – meaning in certain cases you have the right to object to processing of your personal data, for example in the case of direct marketing
- Right to object to automated processing – meaning you have the right to object to automated processing, including profiling; and not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing. This right you can exercise whenever there is an outcome of the profiling that produces legal effects concerning or significantly affecting you
- Right to data portability – you have the right to obtain your personal data in a machine-readable format or if it is feasible, as a direct transfer from one processor to another
- Right to lodge a complaint – in the event that we refuse your request under the Rights of Access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. If you are not satisfied with the way your request has been handled please contact us
- Right for the help of supervisory authority – meaning you have the right for the help of a supervisory authority and the right for other legal remedies such as claiming damages
- Right to withdraw consent – you have the right to withdraw any given consent for processing of your personal data
This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal or security purposes.
Data We Gather
- Information you have provided us with – This might be your e-mail address, name, billing address, home address, etc. – mainly information that is necessary for delivering you a product/service or to enhance your customer experience with us. We save the information you provide us with in order for you to comment or perform other activities on the website. This information includes, for example, your name and e-mail address.
- Information automatically collected about you – This includes information that is automatically stored by cookies and other session tools. For example, your shopping cart information (if applicable), your IP address, your website browsing history, your shopping history (if applicable), etc. This information is used to improve your customer experience. When you use our services, or peruse the contents of our website, your activities may be logged.
- Publicly available information – We might gather information about you that is publicly available.
- Comments – When a visitor leaves a comment on the site we collect the data shown in the comment form and also the visitor’s IP address and browser. This is to prevent spam in the comment section.
- Analytics – We use Google analytics to record information about the pages a user has seen, for example the URL of the page, time of day, device used, etc. The information that we collect is anonymized and sent to Google Analytics for analysis. Google Analytics mainly uses first party cookies to report on visitor interactions on this website. Users may disable cookies or delete any individual cookie. In addition, Google Analytics supports an optional browser add-on that, once installed and enabled, disables measurement by Google Analytics measurement. Google Analytics also collects Internet Protocol (IP) addresses to provide and protect the security of the service, and to give website owners a sense of which country, state, or city in the world their users come from (also known as “IP geolocation”). See this page for Google Analytics security and usage of data: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245
How We Use Your Personal Data
We use your Personal Data in order to:
- Provide our service to you. This includes for example communicating and interacting with you; notifying you of changes to any services; providing you with other products and services that you have requested; providing you with promotional items at your request and communicating with you in relation to those products and services;
- Enhance your customer experience;
- Fulfill an obligation under law or contract;
- On legitimate grounds and/or with your consent
On the grounds of entering into a contract or fulfilling contractual obligations, we process your personal data for the following purposes:
- To identify you;
- To provide you a service or to send/offer you a product;
- To communicate either for sales or invoicing
On the ground of legitimate interest, we process your personal data for the following purposes:
- To administer and analyze our reader base (topics of interest and history) in order to improve the quality, variety, and availability of products/ services offered/provided;
- To conduct questionnaires concerning reader wants and needs
As long as you have not informed us otherwise, we consider offering you information/products/services that are similar or same to your reading and/or purchasing history/browsing behavior to be our legitimate interest.
With your consent we process your personal data for the following purposes:
- To send you newsletters and campaign offers (from us and/or our carefully selected partners);
- For other purposes we have asked your consent for
We process your personal data in order to fulfill obligations rising from law and/or use your personal data for options provided by law. We reserve the right to anonymize personal data gathered and to use any such data. We will use data outside the scope of this policy only when it is anonymized. We save your billing information (if applicable) and other information gathered about you for as long as needed for accounting purposes or other obligations deriving from law, but not longer than when you unsubscribe to the newsletter.
We might process your personal data for additional purposes that are not mentioned here, but are compatible with the original purpose for which the data was gathered. To do this, we will ensure that:
- The link between purposes, context and nature of personal data is suitable for further processing;
- The further processing would not harm your interests and
- There would be appropriate safeguard for processing
We will inform you of any further processing and purposes.
Who Else Can Access Your Personal Data
WE WILL NEVER SELL, RENT OR LEASE YOUR PERSONAL DATA TO A THIRD PARTY. We do not share your Personal Data with strangers. Personal Data about you is in some cases provided to our trusted partners in order to either make providing the service to you possible or to enhance your customer experience.
Who we share your data with:
- Service providers and others who help with our business operations and assist in the delivery of our services and products including, but not limited to, application development, site hosting, maintenance, data analysis, infrastructure provision, IT services, customer service, email delivery services, payment processing, marketing, analytics, and enforcement of our Terms and Conditions Agreement and other agreements. For example, visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service;
- Other users of the site to identify you to anyone to whom you send messages or make comments through the Services;
- Persons or entities with whom you consent to have your Personal Data shared;
- Third parties in order to prevent damage to our property (tangible and intangible), for safety reasons, or to collect amounts owed to us;
- Merchants and payment processors (if applicable);
- Third parties as we believe necessary or appropriate, in any manner permitted under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence
Why we share your Personal Data:
- Comply with legal process;
- Respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence;
- Enforce our Terms and Conditions Agreement and other agreements;
- Protect our operations;
- Protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you, and/or others;
- Allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain
We disclose your Personal Data to third parties or public officials when we are legally obliged to do so. We might disclose your Personal Data to third parties if you have consented to it or if there are other legal grounds for it.
How We Secure Your Data
We do our best to keep your Personal Data safe. We use safe protocols for communication and transferring data (such as HTTPS). We use anonymizing and pseudonymizing where suitable. We monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks.
Even though we try our best we cannot guarantee the security of information. However, we promise to notify suitable authorities of data breaches. We will also notify you if there is a threat to your rights or interests. We will do everything we reasonably can to prevent security breaches and to assist authorities should any breaches occur.
We do not intend to collect or knowingly collect information from children. We do not target children with our services.
By using the Services, you are representing to us that you are not under the age of 13.
Our services are not directed to and we do not knowingly collect Personal Data from children under the age of 13. If we become aware that a child under the age of 13 has provided us with Personal Data, we will take steps to remove such data. If you become aware that your child has provided us with Personal Data without your consent, please contact us at email@example.com.
Cookies and Other Technologies We Use
A cookie is a tiny text file stored on your computer. Cookies store information that is used to help make sites work. Only we can access the cookies created by our website. You can control your cookies at the browser level. Choosing to disable cookies may hinder your use of certain functions.
- Necessary cookies – these cookies are required for you to be able to use some important features on our website, such as logging in. These cookies don’t collect any personal information
- Functionality cookies – these cookies provide functionality that makes using our service more convenient and makes providing more personalized features possible. For example, they might remember your name and e-mail in comment forms so you don’t have to re-enter this information next time when commenting
- Analytics cookies – these cookies are used to track the use and performance of our website and services
- Advertising cookies – these cookies are used to deliver advertisements that are relevant to you and to your interests. In addition, they are used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement. They are usually placed on the website by advertising networks with the website operator’s permission. These cookies remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organizations such as advertisers. Often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organization
You can remove cookies stored in your computer via your browser settings. Alternatively, you can control some 3rd party cookies by using a privacy enhancement platform such as optout.aboutads.info or youronlinechoices.com. For more information about cookies, visit allaboutcookies.org.
Office of the Information & Privacy Commissioner Nova Scotia
Phone: 1 (866) 243-1564